ZestFinance earns five awards this year
Zest AI team
October 6, 2015
LOS ANGELES, CALIF.—October 6, 2015: Today, ZestFinance, one of the fastest growing US financial technology companies, announced that it has been honored with several prominent awards so far this year recognizing the company’s impressive growth, culture, innovation, and industry contributions.The awards include:
- The Inc. 500 & 5000: Inc. ranked ZestFinance as number 192 on its annual list of the fastest growing private companies in America, and number 13 on its list of the top U.S. financial services companies. The Inc. 5000 represents a comprehensive look at America’s independent entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies: ZestFinance was recognized in the finance and capital category as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 companies that offer “innovative solutions to common problems or marketplace voids, executed in forms both ultra-high-tech and strikingly simple.
- Red Herring Top 100 North America: Red Herring named ZestFinance one of the top 100 companies from approximately 1,200 privately financed companies in US and Canada. Red Herring’s editorial staff evaluates companies on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technological innovation and intellectual property, DNA of the founders, business model, customer footprint and addressable markets
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in LA: The Los Angeles Business Journal ranked ZestFinance in the top 5 for the second consecutive year on its list of the top midsize employers in Los Angeles county. Companies are evaluated based on leadership, corporate culture, communications, and more
- Built in LA’s Top 100 Tech Companies: ZestFinance was recognized among the top digital companies in the region who have driven an impressive amount of economic growth and played a large part in making Los Angeles the third best startup ecosystem in the world.
In August, in conjunction with the first-ever White House Demo Day on Inclusive Entrepreneurship, ZestFinance announced its diversity plans, including commitments to achieve gender parity and increase minority hiring in 2016.
“We’ve had an outstanding year and have made tremendous strides in furthering our mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone,” said Douglas Merrill, Founder and CEO of ZestFinance. “It’s an honor to be included in the company of such inspiring businesses, and we’re thrilled to be recognized not only for the growth we’ve achieved but our unique company culture and contributions to the fintech industry.”
In July, the company launched Basix, a new online installment loan product that serves millions of middle-class Americans overlooked by banks. In June, ZestFinance announced a joint venture with JD.com—China’s largest e-tailer—to expand consumer credit in China.
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can provide lower-cost credit to people. The company also uses its technology to provide loans to consumers. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone. ZestFinance is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. For more information, visit www.ZestFinance.com.
Zest AI team
October 13, 2021
Teddy Flo and Jay Budzik
October 12, 2021
Zest AI team
September 22, 2021